- 1 red pepper cut into cubes, 1 yellow pepper cut into cubes
- 2 onions, cut into thin quarters
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 8 Italian sausages, sweet or strong
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into cubes
- 2 Italian tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated cheddar cheese or parmigiano reggiano
- Slice of country bread or baguette
- Salt and pepper
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F).
- In a baking dish, mix peppers, onions and garlic with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of oil. Salt and pepper. Bake for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown your Italian sausages in the remaining oil. Reserve on a plate.
- In the same pan, brown the zucchini. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Place the sausages and zucchini mixture in the baking dish on the cooked pepper mixture. Cover with cheese and continue baking for about 20 minutes. Serve with bread.